Director of Preschool Carol Scott Phone: (248) 853-2461
Our summer classes continue this week as the children have fun in class, while being prepared for their next level of learning. The summer program has allowed the children an opportunity to get used to the school routine and to see their friends and make new ones. It helps to break up the summer and prepares the children for their new fall classes. The four year old class will be covering aspects of kindergarten work and the three year old class will be getting ready to step up to their four and five day Pre-K classes. Preparation is important for young children as they like to know what they have to do and where they are going. We try to help them understand their world step by step. This also means we introduce them to Jesus as part of everything we do. We like to visit the church throughout the course of each week and teach the children that prayers can be as simple as saying thank you to God for a beautiful day.
One of the best things about our preschool is having the church just at the end of the hallway. We can visit God during our day and integrate our beliefs into our learning tasks. The children love to learn and we are always renewed in our faith when we see the strength of their faith in God.
Fall registration is continuing. We currently have a few places remaining. If you would like more information or a tour of the school please contact me at 248 243 0261 or email Carol Scott.
Pre-K Classes for 2017/2018
Four Year Old Classes
Children must be 4 by September 1st
The following classes will be available:
M/W/F 9:00 – 12:00pm (3 hours)
M-F 9:15 – 11:45pm (2½ hours)
M-TH 12:30 – 3:00pm (4 afternoons Sept to Dec) Stepping up to 5 afternoons Jan to May. (2½ hours)
M – Th 12.30 – 3.15pm (2¾ hours)
Three Year Old Classes
Children must be 3 by September 1st
The following classes will be available:
M/W 9:00 – 11:30am (2½ hours)
M/W/F 9:00 – 11:30am (2½ hours)
T/TH 9:00 – 11:30am (2½ hours)
T/TH/F 9:00 – 11:30am (2½ hours)
T/Th 9:30 – 12:00pm (2½ hours)
M/W/F 12:15 – 2:45pm (2½ hours)
Class Sizes and Ratios
3’s – 16 children per session with two teachers
4’s – 18 children per session with two teachers
Aspects of Our Program
- Our programs are progressive for academic and social instruction so that the children are able to adapt to their next level of learning.
- We provide religious instruction and prayer within our preschool topics.
- We keep portfolios on each child and encourage journal writing.
- Teachers assess children regularly and parent conferences are held twice during the academic year.
- The preschool has a securely locked hallway during class sessions with two exits in each classroom.
- We offer yearly hearing and vision screening through the Health Department for the four-year-olds in preparation for kindergarten.
- We offer a class library so students can “check out” books to take home twice a month.
- We have a gymnasium to utilize for a gross motor in addition to our outdoor enclosed climbing structure.
- Each classroom has its own bathroom.
- Each classroom has computer stations.
- We offer ‘Lunch with Teacher’ once a month as well as a special ‘Cooking Day’.
Philosophy We are a Catholic Preschool and believe in integrating a love of God in all of our activities in school. Children are active learners who learn best from pursuing their interests while being actively supported and challenged by their teachers. Our Curriculum is structured to engage the children purposefully and to provide for a full range of learning abilities. We recognize the importance of free play and structured play to support the specific learning goals we set for each child. Assessments are ongoing as teachers monitor and document each child’s progress over time. Parents are an essential part of a child’s success in school and we keep parents involved and informed throughout the school year.We strive to develop the whole child physically, socially, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually. We create a warm and inviting environment to learn through active play experiences. In a caring and positive atmosphere, we guide children to a good self-image and encourage children’s self-awareness of others.
Parent Visitation: We encourage parents to come and visit our school with their child. This offers an opportunity to see the program we are providing and how it suits your child.
Field Trips: As part of our curriculum we take several Field Trips during the year to reinforce our learning in the classroom. Parents accompany us on these field trips. Some of the places we visit are; The Zoo, Apple Orchard, Fire Station, Nature Center and local farms.