Director of Preschool Carol Scott Phone: (248) 853-2461
The children are getting ready for our Thanksgiving Feast and are really excited. This week the classes focused on the journey the Pilgrims had to make to come to America. They were fascinated to learn that the pilgrims traveled so far and made such a dangerous journey because they wanted to worship God in their own church. We had several children point out that the church is just up the hallway. We had to explain how lucky we are, because the pilgrims felt it was so important to worship God.
Our three year old classes are making special Thanksgiving table mats and Native American vests to wear at their feast. They will share their feast with the four year old classes. Our four year old classes are making Pilgrim hats and bonnets, so the children will celebrate and thank God together as the Native Americans and the Pilgrims did long ago.
As the children learn the history of Thanksgiving they also learn how important it is to care for each other and to share what we have with others. We work with the children as they talk and write about how thankful they are for all that God has given to us. Our feast will be a lot of fun as we all work together to celebrate and share our food.
It was heartwarming to see the long list of friends, family, and happy events that were foremost in the minds of the children as they made their thankful lists.
Please contact me if you have any questions at 248 243 0261 or email Carol Scott.
Pre-K Classes for 2017/2018
Four Year Old Classes
Children must be 4 by September 1st
The following classes will be available:
M/W/F 9:00 – 12:00pm (3 hours)
M-F 9:15 – 11:45pm (2½ hours)
M-TH 12:30 – 3:00pm (4 afternoons Sept to Dec) Stepping up to 5 afternoons Jan to May. (2½ hours)
M – Th 12.30 – 3.15pm (2¾ hours)
Three Year Old Classes
Children must be 3 by September 1st
The following classes will be available:
M/W 9:00 – 11:30am (2½ hours)
M/W/F 9:00 – 11:30am (2½ hours)
T/TH 9:00 – 11:30am (2½ hours)
T/TH/F 9:00 – 11:30am (2½ hours)
T/Th 9:30 – 12:00pm (2½ hours)
M/W/F 12:15 – 2:45pm (2½ hours)
Class Sizes and Ratios
3’s – 16 children per session with two teachers
4’s – 18 children per session with two teachers
Aspects of Our Program
- Our programs are progressive for academic and social instruction so that the children are able to adapt to their next level of learning.
- We provide religious instruction and prayer within our preschool topics.
- We keep portfolios on each child and encourage journal writing.
- Teachers assess children regularly and parent conferences are held twice during the academic year.
- The preschool has a securely locked hallway during class sessions with two exits in each classroom.
- We offer yearly hearing and vision screening through the Health Department for the four-year-olds in preparation for kindergarten.
- We offer a class library so students can “check out” books to take home twice a month.
- We have a gymnasium to utilize for a gross motor in addition to our outdoor enclosed climbing structure.
- Each classroom has its own bathroom.
- Each classroom has computer stations.
- We offer ‘Lunch with Teacher’ once a month as well as a special ‘Cooking Day’.
Philosophy We are a Catholic Preschool and believe in integrating a love of God in all of our activities in school. Children are active learners who learn best from pursuing their interests while being actively supported and challenged by their teachers. Our Curriculum is structured to engage the children purposefully and to provide for a full range of learning abilities. We recognize the importance of free play and structured play to support the specific learning goals we set for each child. Assessments are ongoing as teachers monitor and document each child’s progress over time. Parents are an essential part of a child’s success in school and we keep parents involved and informed throughout the school year.We strive to develop the whole child physically, socially, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually. We create a warm and inviting environment to learn through active play experiences. In a caring and positive atmosphere, we guide children to a good self-image and encourage children’s self-awareness of others.
Parent Visitation: We encourage parents to come and visit our school with their child. This offers an opportunity to see the program we are providing and how it suits your child.
Field Trips: As part of our curriculum we take several Field Trips during the year to reinforce our learning in the classroom. Parents accompany us on these field trips. Some of the places we visit are; The Zoo, Apple Orchard, Fire Station, Nature Center and local farms.