Director of Preschool Carol Scott Phone: (248) 853-2461
Easter in preschool is a special celebration. We explain to the children that Jesus goes back to heaven because he has shown us how we should act towards one another, and now wants us to follow what he has taught us.
The children hunted for Easter eggs and made their bunny bags and hats. They also showed their faith in Jesus as they carefully made special crosses and books depicting the story of Holy Week. The most important belief they have is that Jesus loves and cares for them every day.
We feel blessed to work with these young children and know that as we help them academically and spiritually, they also help us to grow in our own faith and understanding of God.
We wish all of our families a very Happy Easter celebration.
Registration for children wishing to join the preschool is now available. Many parents don’t think about preschool for their two year old but if your child is turning three by September 1st this year, now is the time to register for preschool. We still have some places available for the fall program. Please use the registration forms on our website if you would like to register your child for preschool. If you would like to visit the preschool please contact me at 248 243 0261 or email Carol Scott.
Pre-K Classes for 2016/2017
Four Year Old Classes
Children must be 4 by September 1st
The following classes will be available:
M/W/F 9:00 – 12:00pm (3 hours)
M-F 9:15 – 11:45pm (2½ hours)
M-TH 12:30 – 3:00pm (4 afternoons Sept to Dec) Stepping up to 5 afternoons Jan to May. (2½ hours)
M – Th 12.30 – 3.15pm (2¾ hours)
Three Year Old Classes
Children must be 3 by September 1st
The following classes will be available:
M/W 9:00 – 11:30am (2½ hours)
M/W/F 9:00 – 11:30am (2½ hours)
T/TH 9:00 – 11:30am (2½ hours)
T/TH/F 9:00 – 11:30am (2½ hours)
T/Th 9:30 – 12:00pm (2½ hours)
M/W/F 12:15 – 2:45pm (2½ hours)
Class Sizes and Ratios
3’s – 16 children per session with two teachers
4’s – 18 children per session with two teachers
Aspects of Our Program
- Our programs are progressive for academic and social instruction so that the children are able to adapt to their next level of learning.
- We provide religious instruction and prayer within our preschool topics.
- We keep portfolios on each child and encourage journal writing.
- Teachers assess children regularly and parent conferences are held twice during the academic year.
- The preschool has a securely locked hallway during class sessions with two exits in each classroom.
- We offer yearly hearing and vision screening through the Health Department for the four-year-olds in preparation for kindergarten.
- We offer a class library so students can “check out” books to take home twice a month.
- We have a gymnasium to utilize for a gross motor in addition to our outdoor enclosed climbing structure.
- Each classroom has its own bathroom.
- Each classroom has computer stations.
- We offer ‘Lunch with Teacher’ once a month as well as a special ‘Cooking Day’.
Philosophy We are a Catholic Preschool and believe in integrating a love of God in all of our activities in school. Children are active learners who learn best from pursuing their interests while being actively supported and challenged by their teachers. Our Curriculum is structured to engage the children purposefully and to provide for a full range of learning abilities. We recognize the importance of free play and structured play to support the specific learning goals we set for each child. Assessments are ongoing as teachers monitor and document each child’s progress over time. Parents are an essential part of a child’s success in school and we keep parents involved and informed throughout the school year.We strive to develop the whole child physically, socially, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually. We create a warm and inviting environment to learn through active play experiences. In a caring and positive atmosphere, we guide children to a good self-image and encourage children’s self-awareness of others.
Parent Visitation: We encourage parents to come and visit our school with their child. This offers an opportunity to see the program we are providing and how it suits your child.
Field Trips: As part of our curriculum we take several Field Trips during the year to reinforce our learning in the classroom. Parents accompany us on these field trips. Some of the places we visit are; The Zoo, Apple Orchard, Fire Station, Nature Center and local farms.