Changing Lives Together
Changing Lives Together (CLT) Capital Campaign Priorities
September 14, 2014 – Fr. Stan at the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new canopy at the parish entrance. This entryway was made possible from funds from the Changing Lives Together Campaign.
Our goal is to raise $2.1 million spread over three years to achieve the priorities listed below and to help strengthen the whole Archdiocese. St. Mary will keep 70% of the first $1.1 million raised and 100% of all remaining pledge dollars; so about $1.8 million will stay right here. When the parish receives enough contributions to pay for an item, we will begin fulfilling the stated need.
Donations for the Changing Lives Together Campaign may be made through the Online Giving tab or Online Giving
Our priorities are the following:
- Replace worn tables and chairs, refinish Chapel pews, and erect an entrance canopy. Est. cost: $55,000. Our basic equipment is aging and in need of replacement for appearance and safety. Plus, the front canopy will provide a weather cover and will enhance access for people requiring walking assistance or using wheelchairs.
- Support technology upgrades for Holy Family Regional School (together with other sponsoring parishes). Our share of est. cost: $75,000. HFRS is the “jewel” of schools in the Archdiocese, but is in need of technology improvements to support academic programs and teaching. Since we support this Catholic formation, we need to help its rejuvenation process.
- Improve sound systems in the church and gym. Est. cost: $100,000. We have the finest music ministry in the Archdiocese, but we need a sound system worthy of it. Worship in our church and activities in the gym will improve with a sound system that allows all to hear clearly.
- Provide for future repairs of the roof, parking lot, and HVAC. Est. cost: $250,000. Our parish is free of debt, but lacks funds for expenses that will arise for maintenance and repair of the roof, parking lot, and HVAC systems.
- Renovate our kitchen to allow the cooking of food. Est. cost: $350,000. Preparing food safely in our kitchen for a large gathering of people is presently not possible. Renovations will meet legal, code, and safety requirements and allow us to cook for many occasions including SOS, receptions, funerals, fund-raising, and parish-wide social functions.
- Construct a building addition for offices, meeting rooms, counseling, and equipment storage. Est. cost: $1,000,000. We don’t have enough office, meeting/private counseling/classroom space, and equipment storage areas within our current buildings. A new addition to our existing buildings will allow for more efficient and responsible care of our parishioners, staff, and those who need meeting space, and also allow room for the storage of our equipment.