October is The Time to Respect Life
Thank You for your help to honor fragile life at all ages and stages from conception through natural death. Some suggested actions include the following:
- Thank you for signing the petition to ban Dismemberment Abortion. There were 1,908 D&E abortions in MI in 2018.
- Thank You for supporting mothers and their babies at Crossroads Care Center by participating in the Baby Shower sponsored by the Knights.
- Consider viewing the dramatic movie Unplanned about what happens at Planned Parenthood Centers. Call the Oakland Macomb Office of Lifespan at 248-816-1546 to reserve and borrow the DVD version.
- Participate in the current 40 Days for Life campaign https://www.40daysforlife.com/
with your prayers and fasting through November 3. The closest site is at the Northland Family Planning Center on the SW corner of 17 Mile and Ryan Rds. Since 40 Days began twelve years ago, 104 abortion centers have closed their doors.
- Consider celebrating the sacrament of Reconciliation to encounter the healing and mercy of the Risen Jesus if you have been personally involved with abortion.
- Educate yourself about medical and ethical issues today either by attending a seminar on October 19 at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital (MI Nurses for Life phone 248-816-8489) or by reading information on the website of the The National Catholic Bioethics Center at https://www.ncbcenter.org/ .
- Thank a Knight of Columbus member for all of the work they do to support the sanctity of life.