Global Catholic Climate Prayers:
Prayers For Mental Health:
Good News Meets the Daily News
Looking for a way to deepen your friendship with Jesus?
Start by asking the Holy Spirit for guidance. His job is to be our helper and guide as we follow Christ.
How do you ask the Spirit to work in you?
One way is to find time each week to prepare for Sunday liturgy by reading and praying with Scriptures. Some people prepare for the whole week, others for a few minutes. You can do it before meals, at bedtime, or whatever fits into your schedule!
A possible daily schedule might look like:
- Monday: Read the Gospel prayerfully.
- Tuesday: Read the Gospel again and with a commentary.
- Wednesday: Read the Gospel again. Reflect on a related story from your life or even the media and let it lead you to prayer.
- Thursday: Read a commentary and bring to the Lord prayers of praise, petition, or thanksgiving that the Word inspires in you.
- Friday: There may be a word or phrase calling your attention - pray with it, use the questions provided or make up your own questions. The questions are below, as well as in the Narthex and Gym. Share the questions at home, at coffee and donuts, at parish meetings, in the parking lot.
- Saturday: Read the Gospel and first reading and reflect on how you have been able to live this Gospel during the week. Be pleasantly surprised as you notice the Holy Spirit at work in your life.
- Sunday: Enter fully into the celebration of Eucharist. Discover the grace in the opening prayer, see how the music connects with the Scriptures, listen with your heart to the Sunday Scriptures. Enjoy a day of rest.
Examples of some past prayer and reflection topics: