SENIOR FELLOWSHIP UPCOMING EVENTS
Here is the rundown on your Seniors in Action! Activities are open to all 50 years and older.
ANY QUESTIONS? Call/Text Carol Birch at 248-866-1109
- Historic Churches of Detroit: Friday, December 6, 2019. Motor coach tour, visit Historic Trinity Lutheran, St. Albertus Catholic, St. Charles Borromeo Catholic, and Little Rock Missionary Baptist. Guest speakers in each location to give you the history of the church. Lunch included. Cost $58.00. This sells out fast! Presented by Travel with Nance. Pick up/Drop off at Lowes, 12 Mile, Madison Heights. Carpool available from church. Flyers available in the church office.
- Since we did not have our meeting today, here is the Activity & Travel Report.As always, if there is a question or comment, I can be reached by email or call/text 248-866-1109.
- A Trip to a 5 Star Dollar Store and Lunch!: Thursday, November 21, 2019. 10:00 am. Carpool from church to this highly rated dollar store at 27 Mile & Van Dyke. Stock up on Christmas wrapping paper, ribbons, tape, gift tags and more!
Followed by lunch at Marcus Grill. Marcus Grill, in business for 83 years! Known for their famous burgers and Polish dishes. Homemade stuffed cabbage, city chicken, potato pancakes and pierogi made by hand. Lastly, they have a full service bar if you want a beer to chase those pierogi!
- Historic Churches of Detroit Tour: Friday, December 6, 2019. Cost $58.00 – includes lunch. Tour 4 historic churches including St. Albertus and St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Churches. Through Travel with Nance. Check out the details at www.travelwithnance.com. Carpooling to pick up location at 12 Mile & John R available. Call Carol if you need a ride 248-866-1109.
- Macomb Symphony Orchestra
Holiday Flicks with Professor Gregory Sumner. A celebration of great holiday movies and music. U of D Professor Gregory Sumner discusses popular and influential holiday movies. Each film clip is accompanied by the music that helped make the films iconic. The afternoon concludes with the traditional sing-a-long with Santa. There will be time before the program to shop at the MSO Boutique.
Sunday, December 8, 2019, 3:00 pm
Macomb Center for Performing Arts
Meet for lunch at 12:00 noon at Shelby Firehouse Tavern (formally Big Al's Firehouse) 49305 Schoenherr Rd. Shelby Twp. Corner of 22 Mile Rd and Schoenherr. Carpooling also available from church - Let Carol know if you need a ride.
- The Big Bright Light Show, Downtown Rochester on Tuesday, December 17. Carpool from church at 4:00 pm. Dinner at O’Connor’s Public House on Main Street. Light show begins at 5:00 pm. Sign up at the Christmas Party on December 10.
- Our First Tour of 2020! Wild Women of Detroit Bus Tour!
$47.00 You must register on-line at www.detroithistorytours.com or call 313-539-7377. Friday, January 3, 2020. We will meet at St. Mary of the Hills 3:30 PM and carpool to Eastern Market for dinner. Then board the bus for the tour 6:30 pm - 11:00 pm.
Detroit may have been founded in 1701, by the French explorer and adventurer Antoine Laumet de La Mothesieur de Cadillac, but it was his wife Marie who decided much of the town's original layout. From the very beginning Detroit has been a dame’s town. Home to broads, women, cats, ladies, and Rosies, the Motor City’s story is interlaced with the triumphs, adventures, dalliances and deeds of its female inhabitants. Join Detroit History Tours on a four and a half hour bus tour of some of their stories. From Madam Cadillac to Motown greats, prostitutes to murderers, cults to saints and so much more. We’ll talk civil war spies and prohibition smuggling. You’ll learn the verdict of the first all-female jury in Michigan and the story of a woman known as "Rocking Chair." Together we will enjoy drinks at two of Detroit’s historic bars. It promises to be one hell of a lady's (and gentleman's) night on The Detroit History Tours- Wild Women of Detroit tour.
Because drinking and swearing come with the history, all public bus tours are a strict 21 years old and older. (To date the oldest person to come on one of our tours was 97 years of aged awesomeness. We've also hosted a 21st birthday party, and everyone in between!). Alcoholic beverages are NOT allowed on the bus. Bottled water is provided at no cost and guests may bring snacks or nonalcoholic beverages on board. Both of the evenings bar stops do NOT serve food.
The tour leaves promptly at 6:30 PM from Eastern Market (2934 Russell Street, Detroit MI 48207 ) The bus will meet you near Shed Three. Boarding starts at 6:15 pm, consider arriving early or staying after the tour to enjoy the bars and restaurants of the market.
- The Ark Encounter!
MAY 11-15, 2020. Presented by Step on Bus Tours. Pick up will be at SMOTH! Cost $665 per person/double. Add $185 for single supplement. $75.00 deposit due ASAP, balance due 03/04/20.
5 days, 4 nights lodging in Cincinatti area
8 meals – 4 breakfasts, 4 dinners
Admission to The Ark Encounter, Creation Museum, Newport Aquarium, BB Riverboats Sightseeing Cruise along the Ohio River.
Flyers available in the church office. More info at the Christmas Party about this great tour.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR NEXT YEAR!
- BRANSON, MISSOURI November 9-14, 2020, Motorcoach Tour through Travels with Nance. $679.00 per person. 6 shows plus “NOAH” at the Sight & Sound Theatre. More details to follow.
The Seniors have been very good this year - only a few on your naughty list!